On 17/02/2017 15:25, Stephan Mühlstrasser wrote:
Hi,

we use OpenSSL 1.0.2 together with PKCS#11 tokens by plugging methods into the RSA_METHOD structure that interface with the PKCS#11 token, and this works fine so far. However, for creating RSA signatures with PSS padding this strategy doesn't work anymore, because OpenSSL wants to directly encrypt with the private key in this case, which is not possible in PKCS#11.

I believe some PKCS#11 tokens can do this by using CKM_RSA_X_509

Enjoy

Jakob