I have updated my iOS scripts to build for all archs now using the latest
fips-2.0.14 and openssl-1.1.0e.

Before I was using 1.0.2h I believe and fips-2.0.12 and didn't have armv7s
support added. I needed to add it so I upgrade and adjusted my script
accordingly
https://gist.github.com/jostster/ebbc6925c668b632d8b185293080256c

This works great, however I now get an error when building my application
in xcode.

Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:

  "_FIPS_text_start", referenced from:

      _FINGERPRINT_premain in fips_premain.o

  "_FIPS_signature", referenced from:

      _FINGERPRINT_premain in fips_premain.o

      +[VTFipsInfo getEmbeddedFingerprint] in VTFipsInfo.o

  "_FIPS_incore_fingerprint", referenced from:

      _FINGERPRINT_premain in fips_premain.o

      +[VTFipsInfo getExpectedFingerprint] in VTFipsInfo.o

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7

VTFipsInfo.o is my objective-c files that get if FIPS is enabled and gets
the hashes to display to the end user. If I try this on our buildkite
server it replaces armv7 with x86_64. However running lipo --info on my
libssl and libcrypt.a returns

Architectures in the fat file: libssl.a are: armv7 i386 armv7s x86_64 arm64
Architectures in the fat file: libcrypto.a are: armv7 i386 armv7s x86_64
arm64

My valid architectures in xcode are armv7, armv7s and armv64. Before I
upgraded my openssl and added armv7s support, this wasn't an issue.

Any ideas how to fix this?