Hi All!

I'm not an expert, by any means, with cipher suites, etc. I am working with
an HTTPD server where I am not able to set the server/kernel to FIPS mode
nor am I able to set the HTTPD server (openssl) to FIPS mode. However, I am
able to modify the SSLCipherSuite directive.

Doing some playing around with the 'openssl ciphers' command I was able to
determine that:

openssl ciphers 'FIPS:!aNULL'

Seems to be equivalent to: 'OPENSSL_FIPS=1 openssl ciphers'

I sort of stumbled on this based on a couple forums that I found. It seems
the 'FIPS' alias for the Cipherspec is undocumented but appears to work.

Can anyone validate if this seems correct?

Also, I gather that the cipherspec is not all that is limited by using FIPS
mode. Are there any other settings of httpd that I might set to better
approximate FIPS mode?

Thanks!
-LJK