De: openssl-users [mailto:openssl-users-boun...@openssl.org] En nombre de Ivan
Rubinson
Enviado el: jueves, 1 de junio de 2017 12:15
Para: openssl-users@openssl.org
Asunto: [openssl-users] Making a CRL with an authority key identifier

Hello,

My name is Ivan, and I'm trying to get OpenSSL to make a CRL with an authority
key identifier.

(a third party API expects it from the CRL)

I make my own CA, use it to sign a certificate, and then generate the CRL. This
is the configuration file: https://pastebin.com/yL4UBtGW (it's basically the
example configuration file with a few changes).

Here are the commands I run:

Making the CA:

openssl req -new -x509 -days 3650 -extensions v3_ca -keyout private/cakey.pem
-out cacert.pem -config req.cnf

Making the certificate:

openssl req -new -nodes -out pdf-req.pem -keyout private/pdf-pkey.pem -config
req.cnf
openssl ca -config req.cnf -out pdf-cert.pem -infiles pdf-req.pem

Making the CRL:

openssl ca -config req.cnf -gencrl -out crl.pem

I'm using OpenSSL-Win64 0.9.8g

Even though on line 251 I ask OpenSSL to have an authority key identifier, the
generated CRL doesn't have it. I've searched on google and tried multiple
things (like uncommenting issuerAltName, or giving it different options) and
the CRL still doesn't have it.

At this point I'm stumped, and I'd like to ask you nice people for help.

Thank you in advance,

Ivan Rubinson

Virus-free.