I'm trying to comprehend the security impact of the different DH
implementations on TLS.

The main differences between the implementations are:
DHDHEECDHECDHE

Where the ephemeral DH provides forward secrecy, thus provides additional
security.

I'm not really sure how the elliptic curves impact the security of DH. I think
I've previously read something like, the key size (or public certificate
length?) of DH can be smaller, with the use of elliptic curves. So without the
use of elliptic curves the key size should be at least 2048, to be considered
secure.

Is my assumption correct?

How can I identify the key size/ public certificate length (I'm not sure which
is the correct term), to determine the security of DH in TLS?

Can I use the .pem file, used for DH, of my server to determine this?

I've created the .pem file with the following command:

openssl dhparam -out dhparam.pem 4096

and with the following command I believe I can determine the key length:

openssl dhparam -inform PEM -in ./dhparam.pem -check -text