Sigh. Well let's see want I can get done on this by the next IEEE802/IETF week pair.

On 08/11/2017 11:56 AM, Salz, Rich wrote:
What is the procedure to get it added.  RFC 4108 has been around for a while,
as has 802.1AR-2009.
Simplest way is to (get someone to) write the code and make a github pull
requests.

Next way is to post a patch.

Next way is to open an issue and hope someone gets around to it.
Though I am assuming from a prior comment that even if it were added
today, it would not be available until the 1.1.1 release?
Right.  But someone could always backport the changes to their own 1.1.0
release.