Hello everyone,

If you have been following this list, you might have seen that the
Ceilometer project, while not yet fully functional, has made some great
progress over the past three month.  The next summit being just a few
months away, we thought it would be time to start collecting general
feedback on what we should be working on next and how to prioritize this.

In order to prime your feedback, we prepared a road-map wiki page [1].
Have a look at it and let us know if you think we should be adding other
elements to it.

When doing so, please remember that the target of Ceilometer is to
collect the metering information for OpenStack components in a single
place, not to build a full rating or billing engine.  Billing or rating
tools should connect to Ceilometer to get their information they need,
so feedback on this aspect is welcome (what additional information
should we collect? could some evolution of our API[2] make the life of
billing or rating engine simpler?)

You will certainly notice that we are also tracking, in the same page,
some features as bug requests and some of them are targeted for
folsom.3: this is what we think needs urgent work _right now_, so if you
think you are in a good position to contribute a little code to
Ceilometer, feel free to assign yourself to the bug and start
contributing patches.

If you wonder how to contribute to Ceilometer, we also have put together
a little documentation which you can read at [3].

[1] http://wiki.openstack.org/EfficientMetering/RoadMap
[2] http://wiki.openstack.org/EfficientMetering/APIProposalv1
[3] http://ceilometer.readthedocs.org

Thanks for your help and support,