Hello Everyone,

much work has been done this week and thanks to your feedback and opinions we
are happy to inform you about the latest project updates.

After the recent discussions about user-friendly vs. full-featured interfaces
we decided to split up LuCI into two parts "LuCI Administration" and "LuCI
Essentials". Administration is the usual full-featured power-user interface
while Essentials serves the non-power-user's needs by just providing the most
important configuration settings in a simplified user-friendly way.

Essentials contains configuration and status pages for basic
Network, Wifi and System settings
and can be extended with modules for
Portforwarding, QoS, DDNS, UPNP, Time-Synchronization

Everything of course with theme and translation support.

You will find some screenshots of Essentials here:
http://luci.freifunk-halle.net/WebUI/Screenshots/Essentials

Build instructions - as usual - can be found here:
http://luci.freifunk-halle.net/Installation

LuCI Essentials (as well as LuCI Administration and the additional modules)
can be found in your build configuration under "Administration" -> "LuCI -
Webinterface Components" after adding the LuCI OpenWRT feed to your
buildroot.

Greetings
Cyrus