Hi everyone,

this month I have a very special tutorial for you, because it shows you how
to fold quite an elaborate (i.e. time-consuming) turtle. Melina designed it
using tessellation techniques to form the characteristic shell. Go and have
a look at her fold, it's really stunning: https://www.flickr.c
om/photos/24776310@N04/16671798763

And of course, here are some links from my side:

Tutorial on Happyfolding: http://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-herms
en-chelone
Tutorial on YouTube: https://youtu.be/IdqUcFOWg7s

Thanks to Melina for this fantastic model, showing me how to fold it and
giving me permission to present it to you in a tutorial. Also, if you fold
a Chelone, do send a picture, we'd love to see your folds! Plus, do check
out Melina's Flickr stream for more of her fantastic work - many variations
of her Iimori (http://www.happyfolding.com/instructions-hermsen-iimori_
snowflakes), but also extremely wonderful, artistic folds that include
crumpling techniques: https://www.flickr.com/photos/24776310@N04/

Finally, just for the fun of it, I also uploaded a video of me folding the
64-division triangle grid required for the model - in real time, i.e. 2
hours of folding Elephant Hide (and just that - no explanations or
anything).

So if you like listening to paper being folded, watch/listen to it here:
http://www.happyfolding.com/animation-64_division_triangle_grid or
https://youtu.be/2ctICK1gFDI

Best wishes and happy folding,

-- Sara