> I've been asked to teach origami to a large group of 3rd-5th graders. I
> have the option of dividing them up into smaller groups.  Or what other
> types would you suggest?

My two favorite models for teaching are:

Topsy Turvy - designed by Seiryo Takekawa
    Found in "Origami for Parties" by Kazuo Kobayashi and Makoto Yamaguchi
This is a really fun toy - needs a BIT more precision to make it work
properly, but even the sloppiest can usually be made to sort of work. You
stand the model on on end, let go and it rolls over. I've taught it to many
people of many ages and they all seem to like it.

Yacht - Traditional
   found in "Amazing Origami for Children" by Steve and Megumi Biddle
I googled this and didn't come up with an image. Essentially it is a kite
base with a few more folds that allows a "sail" to stand up straight. You
can blow on the back of the sail and scoot it acorss the table.

I don't know how available these books are, so contact me offline if you're
interested in them and I can try to walk you through folding them with some
pictures or something.

Dee