>I did something by adding just one fold to a traditional model. I was
wondering, is that already an original model?

It's an interesting question but not in the sense you are asking about.
So you have traditional model + one fold. In terms of publishing it would
mean that you can publish it any time without any questions.
In other sense I don't really understand why claiming it an original model
is so important to you. As soon as you ask this question I feel that the
model did not change a lot...

At the same time one fold may be crucial to the appearance. The author of
this one (figure to the right https://www.google.com/
search?q=chimei+exhibition+origami&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS747US747&source=lnms&tbm=
isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi-0o-BosbVAhUE5mMKHeHOAYQQ_AUICigB&
biw=1407&bih=727#imgrc=GJnHMH-DaWvIQM:) claims that it's only one fold
added to a sheet (imo 2 folds but it does not really matter) but I think
it's an original model no matter what :D This way 'one fold' can be very
different.

PS. A disclaimer: I do not pretend to be an universal source of truth, just
thinking aloud ;)

--
Best Regards,
Ekaterina Lukasheva