I have indeed wondered myself, my post a few weeks highlighting a few
problems with Orion's UserManager, which I would've imagined a rather
serious problem and in need of attention. The clustering has never
worked flawlessy for me since first tried in 1.4.0.

My guess would be the involvement with Oracle, afterall the 9iAS
initiative surely promotes positive cashflow... as apposed to supporting
Orion.