Interesting commentary by our Saudi "friends".

David Bier

http://english.daralhayat.com/opinion/OPED/12-2005/Article-20051227-
6d024106-c0a8-10ed-00d8-7731782f8f9d/story.html

Back to the Neoconservatives (2)

Jihad el Khazen     Al-Hayat     - 27/12/05//

What do Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Perle, and David Wurmser have in
common? We know that they're in the cabal of neocons, who want to
destroy the Middle East in order to benefit Israel. But what they
specifically have in common, after the fall of Iraq, is their
hostility toward Syria.

When he was Deputy Secretary of Defense, Wolfowitz launched the White
House's campaign against Syria. He was the first one to accuse the
Syrians of giving haven to leaders of the former Iraqi regime and
possessing weapons of mass destruction. Wolfowitz accused Syrian
President Bashar al-Assad in particular of practicing "extreme
violence" and said, "there should be change in Syria."

Perle, meanwhile, supported Israel air strikes against Syria in 2003
and said that "I am happy to see the message was delivered to Syria
by the Israeli Air Force, and I hope it is the first of many such
messages." He expressed his "hope" that the US would strike Syria.

Wurmser is not the most important of the three, but he's an Israeli
Likudnik to the bone, like his Israeli wife Meyrav. Wurmser's
disastrous presence in the Bush administration was founded on his
calls for an attack on Syria, his incitement against Syria, and his
promoting the venality of the neoconservatives when it came to
weapons of mass destruction.

You would think that someone like this extremist, with his loyalty to
a foreign power, wouldn't be able to enter any US administration.
However, he was recently appointed an advisor to Vice President Dick
Cheney within the National Security Council, with responsibility for
the Middle East.

What's Wurmser's policy? There's no secret in it. His name has been
linked to Richard Perle's since the mid-1990s, involved in incitement
against Iraq, then Syria. They've been trying to out-do Benjamin
Netanyahu when it comes to extremism. When the latter was Israeli
prime minister from 1996-1999, he worked within the Oslo Accords,
which the neoconservatives said should be rejected; they also called
for preventing the establishment of an independent Palestinian state.
I've mentioned on several occasions in this column a study of the
cabal that appeared in 1996, entitled "Clean Break: A New Strategy
for Securing the Realm." It contains a call for removing the Saddam
Hussein regime, followed by attacking Syria and finding an
alternative to Yasser Arafat.

This study became the Bush administration's policy after 11 September
2001. Since the part related to Iraq has been achieved, the cabal is
now working to implement the portion concerning Syria.

Iran remains a final goal, but Iran is very strong and the US needs
to isolate all of its allies (such as Syria) and disarm them (such as
Hezbollah), before taking on the Islamic Republic.

The study called on Israel to ally with Turkey and Iran and strike at
Syria through Lebanon, just as Wurmser has written time and time
again calling for joint US-Israeli efforts against Syria. Wurmser
repeated this call in 2000 in another study that involves incitement
against Syria, and also in a book published in 1999.

This is the person who Cheney appointed as his advisor on Middle East
affairs. We don't have to imagine the type of advice that this
extremist Likudnik will offer - we can guarantee it. The Vice
president is an extremely venal individual. His top aide, Lewis
Libby, resigned under pressure from the Plamegate scandal, as he
faces official charges of perjury and obstruction of justice. Cheney
chose David Addington to succeed Libby; Addington produced a famous
study that condones the torture of prisoners, while John Hannah is
from the same cabal and was selected as Cheney's national security
adviser.

Whatever I say about Wurmser isn't sufficient to describe how
dangerous he is for the Palestinians, Syria and every Arab country.
He's absolutely Israeli; he wants the US to wage Israel's wars in the
Middle East. Wurmser's name has been linked to the Office of Special
Plans, which Douglas Feith at the Pentagon created to shape
intelligence supporting a war against Iraq when the intelligence
organizations failed to provide the necessary lies. Wurmser worked as
an advisor to John Bolton at the Pentagon and the two try to outdo
each other in peddling lies about Syria and inciting the Bush
administration against it. Bolton moved to the United Nations, where
Bush appointed him Washington's ambassador in the face of
congressional opposition, and during its summer recess. Wurmser,
meanwhile, moved to Dick Cheney's office and both continued to spread
their poison against Arabs and Muslims. Iraq was one step, and Syria
was another. The cause is Israel and how it can dominate the region
in the face of a huge majority of peoples that the cabal is trying to
strip of their independence.

I hope readers appreciate the fact that I'm not exaggerating, because
it is difficult to exaggerate the danger posed by an Israeli
apologist like Wurmser to Arab interests. The older study called
specifically for striking Syria, Iran, and Hezbollah, and proposed
that the US help Israel. The cabal has changed nothing of this
policy; instead it encouraged the bringing down of the Saddam Hussein
regime. All of Wurmser, Perle and Feith's statements since the 1990s
until the present have repeated these same positions.

There is no difference between Netanyahu or Wurmser being Cheney's
adviser. If there's any hope of ridding ourselves of the danger of
the vice president and his advisers, it lies in the investigation by
special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald into the leaking of CIA agent
Valerie Plame's name to the media, to exact revenge against her
husband, Joseph Wilson, who returned from Niger to say that reports
of Iraqi attempts to purchase uranium yellow cake were trumped up.

We know that the investigation has gotten rid of Libby and threatens
the position of Karl Rove, Bush's adviser or "brain." However, I read
that the special prosecutor is interested in the role of Wurmser, who
has agreed to provide information in order to protect himself.

There's also suspicion that he and Bolton leaked Plame's name when
the former was the latter's adviser at the Pentagon, and that the
leak took place thanks to advice "from above."

Personally, I think that the charges will reach Cheney himself in the
end, but I await the results of the official investigation. Then we
will see.

http://www.j-khazen.blogspot.com

<h1>Back to the Neoconservatives (2)</h1>
<h4>Jihad el Khazen     Al-Hayat     - 27/12/05//</h4>
common? We know that they're in the cabal of neocons, who want to
destroy the Middle East in order to benefit Israel. But what they
specifically have in common, after the fall of Iraq, is their
hostility toward Syria.<br>When he was Deputy Secretary of Defense,
Wolfowitz launched the White House's campaign against Syria. He was
the first one to accuse the Syrians of giving haven to leaders of the
former Iraqi regime and possessing weapons of mass destruction.
Wolfowitz accused Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in particular of
practicing "extreme violence" and said, "there should be change in
Syria."<br>Perle, meanwhile, supported Israel air strikes against
Syria in 2003 and said that "I am happy to see the message was
delivered to Syria by the Israeli Air Force, and I hope it is the
first of many such messages." He expressed his "hope" that the US
would strike Syria.<br>Wurmser is not the most important of the
three, but he's an Israeli Likudnik to the bone, like his Israeli
wife Meyrav. Wurmser's disastrous presence in the Bush administration
was founded on his calls for an attack on Syria, his incitement
against Syria, and his promoting the venality of the neoconservatives
when it came to weapons of mass destruction.<br>You would think that
someone like this extremist, with his loyalty to a foreign power,
wouldn't be able to enter any US administration. However, he was
recently appointed an advisor to Vice President Dick Cheney within
the National Security Council, with responsibility for the Middle
East.<br>What's Wurmser's policy? There's no secret in it. His name
has been linked to Richard Perle's since the mid-1990s, involved in
incitement against Iraq, then Syria. They've been trying to out-do
Benjamin Netanyahu when it comes to extremism. When the latter was
Israeli prime minister from 1996-1999, he worked within the Oslo
Accords, which the neoconservatives said should be rejected; they
also called for preventing the establishment of an independent
Palestinian state.<br>I've mentioned on several occasions in this
column a study of the cabal that appeared in 1996, entitled "Clean
Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm." It contains a call for
removing the Saddam Hussein regime, followed by attacking Syria and
finding an alternative to Yasser Arafat.<br>This study became the
Bush administration's policy after 11 September 2001. Since the part
related to Iraq has been achieved, the cabal is now working to
implement the portion concerning Syria.<br>Iran remains a final goal,
but Iran is very strong and the US needs to isolate all of its allies
(such as Syria) and disarm them (such as Hezbollah), before taking on
the Islamic Republic.<br>The study called on Israel to ally with
Turkey and Iran and strike at Syria through Lebanon, just as Wurmser
has written time and time again calling for joint US-Israeli efforts
against Syria. Wurmser repeated this call in 2000 in another study
that involves incitement against Syria, and also in a book published
in 1999.<br>This is the person who Cheney appointed as his advisor on
Middle East affairs. We don't have to imagine the type of advice that
this extremist Likudnik will offer - we can guarantee it. The Vice
president is an extremely venal individual. His top aide, Lewis
Libby, resigned under pressure from the Plamegate scandal, as he
faces official charges of perjury and obstruction of justice. Cheney
chose David Addington to succeed Libby; Addington produced a famous
study that condones the torture of prisoners, while John Hannah is
from the same cabal and was selected as Cheney's national security
adviser.<br>Whatever I say about Wurmser isn't sufficient to describe
[...]
strip of their independence.<br>I hope readers appreciate the fact
that I'm not exaggerating, because it is difficult to exaggerate the
danger posed by an Israeli apologist like Wurmser to Arab interests.
The older study called specifically for striking Syria, Iran, and
Hezbollah, and proposed that the US help Israel. The cabal has
changed nothing of this policy; instead it encouraged the bringing
down of the Saddam Hussein regime. All of Wurmser, Perle and Feith's
statements since the 1990s until the present have repeated these same
positions.<br>There is no difference between Netanyahu or Wurmser
being Cheney's adviser. If there's any hope of ridding ourselves of
the danger of the vice president and his advisers, it lies in the
investigation by special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald into the
leaking of CIA agent Valerie Plame's name to the media, to exact
revenge against her husband, Joseph Wilson, who returned from Niger
to say that reports of Iraqi attempts to purchase uranium yellow cake
were trumped up.<br>We know that the investigation has gotten rid of
Libby and threatens the position of Karl Rove, Bush's adviser
or "brain." However, I read that the special prosecutor is interested
in the role of Wurmser, who has agreed to provide information in
order to protect himself. There's also suspicion that he and Bolton
leaked Plame's name when the former was the latter's adviser at the
Pentagon, and that the leak took place thanks to advice "from
above."<br>Personally, I think that the charges will reach Cheney
himself in the end, but I await the results of the official
investigation. Then we will see.</p>

khazen.blogspot.com</a>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/U6CDDD/izNLAA/cUmLAA/TySplB/TM