On Mar 14, 2017 10:57 AM, <ehollis3...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello All,

I have pointed my Symantec AV logs to our OSSEC server via syslog over port
514. I am seeing the logs come into ELSA, but not as OSSEC alerts. I have
created a custom decoder and parser, and can confirm that it is working:

**Phase 2: Completed decoding.
       decoder: 'Symantec'

**Phase 3: Completed filtering (rules).
       Rule id: '100006'
       Level: '7'
**Alert to be generated.

Do I need to point OSSEC to monitor the incoming syslog so that it can
alert on it? Again, I am seeing the straight syslog coming into ELSA, but
no OSSEC alert appears to be generated.

Figure out which syslog file they're saved in and make sure ossec has a
localfile entey for that file.
Make sure you restarted your ossec processes after adding the decoder/rules

Thanks