I can't seem to make the agentless monitoring to work. I added two remote
boxes with /var/ossec/agentless/register_host.sh and configured paswordless
connection generating ssh keys for user ossec. However after restarting
ossec the connection to remote server fails every time. Ossec.log shows:
ossec-agentlessd:
ERROR: ssh_integrity_check_linux: u...@remote.server.pl: Public key
authentication failed to host: u...@remote.server.pl. I tried to connect
wit a password but this time I got timeout: ERROR:
ssh_integrity_check_linux: u...@remote.server.pl: Timeout while connecting
to host: u...@remote.server.pl. I checked .passlist file and passwords are
correct. What is more - I am able to ssh to remote server using id_rsa
generated for ossec user so theoretically ossec should connect with NOPASS
option. But it doesn't. I am in the dark. Server is Ubuntu Server 16.04,
OSSEC verson 2.8.3, expect installed, firewall disabled. Any ideas?