On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 7:39 PM, Anthony Egbujor <aegbu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you, i realized that i did not let the udp 1514 port through the
> firewall. It is working, but I now have one final issue. It is doing
> everything it is now supposed to, however, the agent is now only triggering
> alerts and notifying the server of it starting up. It does not trigger
> alerts for creating, modifying or deleting files. I have the 3 rules enabled
> in local_rules file, auto ignore is off and alert new file is on. What could
> I be doing wrong?

Check the ossec.log on the agent for messages about which directories
will be monitored.
If the files you're modifying are in those directories, check the md5
hash and compare it to the has on the server in the agent's syscheck
file (/var/ossec/queue/syscheck/agent something or other). Is the file
listed there? Is the md5 correct?