On Jul 20, 2017 12:50 PM, "John Wojda" <wojda.j...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm trying to setup ossec hids for deployment to the macOS environment.
I went through the documentation
<http://ossec-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/manual/installation/installation-binary.html#installation-of-the-binary-ossec-package>
(from 2.8.1) to modify the /etc/preloaded-vars.conf file (removed .example
extension)
then ran from /src make TARGET=agent

2.9 is different than 2.8. Not sure how it works yet, I haven't had the
time or need.

it says it compiled and was done, so I continued to tar the folder and copy
to a test machine, which it ran the install.sh file, but the output is that
it can't find a compiler.  I thought the point of compiling the installer
was so I didn't need to deploy a compiler to each system.