Charles N Wyble wrote:
Is this new/custom software or postfix/exim/(insert your favorite mta here) and courier/cyrus/uw imap?
it's all custom.
We handle nearly three millions _business_ mailboxes... there's no software to our knowledge that is built on this kind of specification

I see. Did you develop this from scratch or is it based on existing software? Have you looked at sync4j (www.sync4j.com)? It is an open source java server supporting syncML (www.syncml.org). It provides calendar/addressbook services. It also has an exchange connector (server based webdav exchange2k and later only).
I will certainly look into the webdav connector, but in our software factory java is not an option for performance reasons

I would look at caldav. It is the up and coming darling in calendaring. It is developed by Lisa Dusseault
(http://nih.blogspot.com/) and seems to be the missing link as far as webdav calendaring goes.
that's what I was thinking about when I said "webdav"... layer mistalking :-)

Well. 6 months ago I would have concurred with you. However recent developments have greatly increased the pace and understanding of the magic black box that is Exchange. I will be doing quite a bit of work with Ethereal
and developing tools/code to find out what goes on under the hood.
that's VERY interesting... do you see the end of the tunnel? I mean, can you assume some "beta" delivery date?

Luca

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: IntelliVIEW -- Interactive Reporting Tool for open source databases. Create drag-&-drop reports. Save time by over 75%! Publish reports on the web. Export to DOC, XLS, RTF, etc. Download a FREE copy at http://www.intelliview.com/go/osdn_nl _______________________________________________ otlkcon-devel mailing list otlkcon-devel@lists.sourceforge.net https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/otlkcon-devel