Hello everybody,

As I never did before,  I think it's time for my hello mail.

I've been reading this list for a few weeks, trying in parallel to study Kervin's work ,
Microsoft mapi documentation, outlook object model  and inside mapi.

I'm working as a developper for Right Vision, a software company in France that sells server appliances.
Server appliances are all in one servers ( read mail, web,  file, print, vpn, calendar and many other ... )
managed through a web interface, built on a mix of both proprietary and free software.
Sorry if it is not clear, I find it hard to explain it in french already .

My company wants me to improve the publication of the collaborative functions ( basically contacts, and agendas )  of our servers into outlook.

I think a mapi store provider is what we need ( in opposition to an addin and a synchronization approach ) so that we can add
shared contacts/calendars folder into outlook.

I'm not sure I fully understand the pros and the cons for us to add a store provider versus replacing all ms store's providers,
and I know almost nothing about transport provider - tried to focus on store providers and mapi things.

My current learning process is reading inside mapi, browsing messages and folders and so on with outlook spy,
trying to understand  how outlook ( and or mapi ) behaves
( where does this form come from ? do we need to provide a form manager ? should named properties be listed in getprops ... )
running sample code under the debugger trying to figure out how things should work.

I don't know how I can contribute to the project ; but I'll be happy to do so when I feel more comfortable with the technology
( and if my company decides to take the 'mapi provider way'  ), at least sharing experience.
I agree with Jason that sharing knowledge and experience is certainly a timesaver for everyone.

Beside of that I have an administrative question to the project owner.
I noticed that posts sent to the list are seen as sent by the originator of the message, and not the otlkcon-devel list.
It's annoying because hitting outlook's  'reply' option makes the reply addressed only to the originator of the message and not the list.

My feeling is that parts of the discussion is not in the list is not because of it...
Can sourceforge's ml tools be configured to have such a behavior as all message sent through the list are seen as 'from the list' ?

Cheers

 Philippe Torrelli