actually that was just the way it was wrapped in the terminal window which
I copy/pasted from.

here's the version copied from a maximized terminal window and pasted into
a maximized PINE window showing the actual line breaks as they are in
GenericAgent.pm:

   # --
   # [name of job] -> close all tickets in queue Junk
   # --
    'close spam' => {
      # get all tickets with this properties
      Queue => 'spam',
      States => ['new', 'open'],
      Locks => ['unlock'],
      # new ticket properties (no option is required, use just the options
      # which should be changed!)
      New => {
        # new queue
        Queue => 'spam',
        # possible states (closed successful|closed
unsuccessful|open|new|removed)
        State => 'closed successful',
        # new ticket owner (if needed)
        Owner => '[EMAIL PROTECTED]',
        # if you want to add a Note
        Note => {
          From => 'GenericAgent',
          Subject => 'spam!',
          Body => 'Closed by GenericAgent.pl because it is spam!',
      },
    },
  },