I have no problem with the move.  I've been on this list since sometime
around 2003/4.  It's probably a bit ironic that a tech focused list is a
bit behind in the tech department.

Suggestions from me:
1. Open it up a bit rather than be focused on .net but make sure its made
clear what category you're discussing and can filter as per your desire.
I'm still a .net developer but these days do more in java and android.
Xamarin has brought .net to other platforms so this expands the possible
discussions. (OT anyone?)
2. Make sure there are alternative ways to contact admins.  I only mention
this because for a long time I was a member of an android google group and
suddenly found I could no longer post to the group.  I couldn't even
contact anyone to help resolve the issue, it all seemed to be blocked.
Ended up giving up on the group.
3. Aus focussed could be a good thing. It can be annoying seeing something
interesting mentioned on a forum that is in another country and in any
practical sense, inaccessible.  There are plenty of developer forums out
there so an Aus forum gives us an important differentiation.

David

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes
 will fall like a house of cards... checkmate!"
 -Zapp Brannigan, Futurama