I should point out the significant but possibly overlooked statement:
"kilojoules
_absorbed_ from food" as opposed to "consumed".  They are different.  The
path a particular chemical takes in our body ultimately doesn't matter.  If
the useful energy we ultimately get from everything we eat is greater than
what we use, we will gain weight. If it's less, we will lose weight.
There's no way around this.  If there was, you would be a perpetual motion
machine.

Of course, there are other considerations here. Namely health.  Eating
nothing but 8700 kJ of glucose every day will not end well.  I personally
found I was forced to eat much healthier to achieve my kilojoule targets
while still having a reasonable meal.  Food with high glucose made me
hungry quicker so I avoided it, etc.

David

"If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes
 will fall like a house of cards... checkmate!"
 -Zapp Brannigan, Futurama