This did not make it onto the news did it!!
Funny how we are not told about 25 congresswomen walking out etc...  How much else are they NOT telling us??

PETITION:
Subject: Women Against War

Today 25 Congresswomen in the US House of Representatives walked
out--and refused to participate in the vote to give Bush war powers --
-

they were led by Barbara Bell of California and they took up residence

on the White House lawn...
They say women can change the world. Here is a chance! A nation-wide
effort to unite women against war has drafted a statement here and ask

you, if you are so moved, to send it out to as many women and women's
groups as you can for endorsement. You can also sign as an individual.

If you feel so moved, please sign below, giving your or your
organisation's name and location. Then please cut and paste this
message
into a new message and forward on to as many people as you know. If
you

are the 50th, 100th, 150th, 200th, etc., person, please also e-mail a
copy back to [EMAIL PROTECTED]. This is our chance to stop this
war. Women are a strong constituency in this country.
We only have a few days.
Please act immediately.
Women United Against War.
As women embracing life and peace, we declare ourselves opposed to any

military action against Iraq. As women, we have been the victims of
many
kinds of violence. We call on you, our Congress members, to oppose any

military action. We make this demand for ourselves, our children, our
parents, our brothers, husbands, partners and friends. We make this
demand because we understand that warfare creates endless cycles of
violence, destruction and death, impoverishing us spiritually and
economically. We make this demand because warfare destroys family
life,

throwing whole communities into exile and turning children into
orphans.
We make this demand because we cannot build happy lives on a ground
polluted by violence. We believe this is a defining moment in the life

of our country.We will either take our place in the family of nations
as
seekers of peace and justice or we will start down a terrible road to
war, unleashing the fury of generations to come on our land. We
call upon you to act with integrity, to show courage and remember that

you are guardians of the public trust and of the world we leave to our

children. We oppose this war. We oppose all elected officials who
support this war. There is no other issue greater than the cause of
peace. No past stand or history can be called upon to overshadow the
imperative to stand today for peace.
We, as women acting to shape public life, dedicate our energy,
resources, and hopes to those who establish peace. There will be no
war in our names. If you want our support and votes, stop this war!
Signed:
1. Unreasonable Women for the Earth, Nation-wide
2. Pramila Jayapal, Seattle, WA
3. Ginny NiCarthy, Seattle, WA
4. Karen Bosley, Seattle, WA
5. Janice Pickard, Coupeville, WA
6. Margot E "Peg" Tennant, Coupeville WA
7. Patty Carlisle, Seattle, WA
8. Karen Jensen, Seattle, WA
9. Frances Partridge, Seattle, WA
10. Elizabeth Sanders, Seattle, WA
11. Marjorie Huebner, MN
12. Karolyn Redoutey, MN
13. Jennifer Moore, MN
14. Jacqueline Sterling, Minneapolis, MN
15. Rorie Hanrahan, Santa Fe, NM
16. Maggie Copeland, Glendive, MT
17. Joan Gough, Moab, UT
18. Eleanor Inskip, Salt Lake City, UT
19. Meherban Kaur Khalsa, Salt Lake City, Ut
20. Shakta Khalsa, Herndon, VA
21. Anne V. Hilliard, Jacksonville, FL
22. Ann McGill, Reston, VA
23. Mary Elizabeth Th! under, West Point, Texas &Big Indian, NY
24. Joy Walker, Palm Bay, Fl. 32909
25. Christina Van Deusen, Waltham MA 02453
26. Susan Cohen Thompson, Natick, MA 01760
27. Linda Timann Dewing, Providence, RI 02906
28. Mikala Moore, Durango, CO 81301
29. Sister Patricia Soltesz,IHM Harper Woods, MI 48225
30. Jan Soleau, IHM, St.Clair Shores, MI 48080
31. Joyce Campbell, IHM, St. Clair Shores, MI 48080
32. Kathleen Brogle, Cincinnati, Ohio 45230
33. Laurene T. Hagman, Columbus, Ohio 43219
34. Janice Bachman, Columbus, Ohio 43214
35. Judy Niday, Dayton, Ohio 45426
36. Joyce Kahle, CPPS, Cincinnati, Ohio 45217
37. Julie M. Murray, Cincinnati, OH 45219
38. Growth in Motion, Inc. Fanchon Shur, Colleen mcCarty Cincinnati
Oh 45229
39. Michael Rossato-Bennett 55 Ave. C#10 Nyc NY 10009
40. Avram Gleitsman, NY, NY
41. Julie Turley, NY, NY
42. lunchbox recordings | monkey salon press. anne pope and toon.
brooklyn.ny.usa
43. Ann Shirazi,NYC 10025
44. Luise Eichenbaum,NYC 10024
45. Sara Baerwald, NYC 10010
46. Allison Lebar, Gambier, OH 43022
47. Susan Baerwald, Los Angeles, CA 90049
48. Phyllis Wender, New York, NY 10021
49. Susan Yankowitz, New York, N.Y. 10024
50. Karen Cooper, New York, NY 10014
51. Alice Arlen, 1120 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10128
52. Honor Moore, 276 Riverside Drive, New York City 10025
53 Susan Kleckner, New York, NY 10128
54. Elizabeth de Bethune, Yonkers, New York
55. Randi Davenport, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27516
56. Miriam Lieberman, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27516
57. Pamela St. John, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27516
58. Lun Steuart, Chapel Hill, North Carolina &n! bsp;27514
59. Salli Benedict, Carrboro, North Carolina 27510
60. Kristine Kelsey, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 27516
61. April Tacey-Dickinson, Chapel Hill, NC 27516
62. Woman Within Empowerment Circle of Raleigh/Chapel Hill, NC 27516
63. Melva Fager Okun, Carrboro, NC 27510
64. Diane Fager, Chicago, Ill. 60618
65. Barbara Engel, Chicago, Ill. 60615
66. Nanette Benbow, Chicago, IL 60625
67. Jamie Leslie, Chicago, IL 60626
68. Prairie Fire Organizing Committee, Chicago, IL 60626
69. Katie Bjorkman, Burlington, WI 53105
70. Jan Bjorkman, Burlington, WI
71. Judith Ormond, Milwaukee, WI 53217
72. Lynette Diers Cohen, Cleveland Hts., OH 44118
73. Carol Boyd, Richfield, OH 44286
74. Marilyn Meadows, Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44118
75. Peggy Spaeth, Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44118
76. Susan Miller, Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44118
77. Leatrice B. Tolls Cleveland Heights, OH 44118
78. The Tyrian Network, Cleveland , OH 44107
79. Kira Freed, Tucson, AZ 85750
80. Catherine Hemenway, Tucson, AZ 85716
81. Deborah Daun, Tucson, AZ 85745
82. Amanda Wilkerson, Flagstaff, AZ 86011
83. Janine Cipolaro, Flagstaff, AZ 86001
84. Wendy Cipolaro, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268
85. Sage Hibberd, Jackson, WY 83002
86. Brit Kirkland, Jackson WY 83011
87. Greta Lindecrantz, Denver, CO 80211
88. Laurie Knight, Santa Fe, NM 87501
89. Eda Gordon, Santa Fe, NM 87501
90. Enid Howarth, Albuquerque, NM 87110
91. Cary Herz, Albuquerque, NM 87110
92. Connie Adler, Albuquerque, NM 87104
93. Bev Nulman, Albuquerque, NM 87104
94. Jenifer Duryea, Gloucester MA 01930
95. JoeAnn Hart, Gloucester, MA 01930
96. Martha Morgan Lindsay, Gloucester, MA 01930
97. Nettie Penman, Lafayette, CO 80026
98. Jan Mummery, Woodland Pk.,Co 80866
99. Kate Szal, Westport Point, MA 02791
100. Jean Forest Rockport, Maine 04856
101. Leona Lauder, Mill Valley, CA 94941
102. Wendy Duryea, Montauk, NY 11954
103. Elka Rifkin, Sagaponack, NY 11962
104. Betina La Plante, East Hampton, NY 11937
105. Midge Steadman Gilbertville, MA 01031
106. Angelia Mansfield, Burton, MI 48519Wn, NY
24. Joy Wa
107. Carol Gino, Amityville, NY 11701
108. Deb Nyberg, FoDreams.Com, Smithville, TX 78957
109. Karen Hutson, Austin, Texas 78745
110. J Veenstra, Austin, TX 78748
111. Sherry A Murray, New Orleans, LA 70116
112. Patricia R. Henschen, Tucson, AZ 85712
113. Janet C. Bucher, Minneapolis, MN 55419
114. Patricia Sarvis, Murphys, CA 95247
115. Mickey Williamson, Murphys, CA 95247
116. Phyllis Kirk, Oregon City, OR 97045
117. Jill Kieffer, Hood River, OR 97031
118. Karen McDiarmid, Banff, Alberta, CANADA. T1L 1A2
119. Sarah Spence, Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA K1R 5J1
120. Erin Burrell, Canmore, Alberta, CANADA T1W 1H1
121. Ashley Kruse, Vancouver, BC Canada V5N 2G2
122. Gemma Cavoli, Fremantle, WA Australia 6158
123. Talei Howell-Price PERTH  WA  6000
124. Angelique Malcolm, PERTH, WA, Australia
125. Marcelle Schmitz, Perth Western Australia
126. Polly Low, Perth Western Australia
127. Rebecca Haluszkiewicz, Sydney, Australia
128. Rhian Skirving, Melbourne, Australia
129. Annie Pettitt, Sydney, Australia
130. Margie Powell, Melbourne, Australia
131. Mary Thorney, Melbourne, Australia
132. victoria schnaedelbach, melb, australia-
133.  cherry blaskett, tasmania, australia
134.Jenny Moon, Pt Lonsdale, Australia
135.Chris Johnson,Queenscliff,Australia
136.Julie Walker,Queenscliff,Australia
137.Mirella McCoy,Queenscliff,Australia