Hi Everyone,

Can't believe it - just found this out and it makes me frustrated the doc
library has workflows so I cant even use the hack.

Have to create another doc library and then apply all meta data - content types
etc to that....... Here is the thread if you want to read it all

http://www.techtalkz.com/microsoft-sharepoint-server/392624-save-list-template-moss-whered-go.html

Goto "View All Site Content" and have a look at the description next to each
library. The ones that say "This system library was created by the
Publishing feature.." will have the "Save library as temlate" link hidden.

There is a dirty hack to work around this issue. Goto the "Document Library
Settings" page. You should see the URL address is
".../listedit.aspx?List={GUID}" if you change the "listedit" to "savetmpl"
you will be able to save the library as a template. the link should look
like this "../savetmpl.aspx?List={GUID}".

Obviously this is unsupported, but it works. I think you will run into
issues if you have WorkFlows bound to the Library. I think there was an
issue with WF having list IDs hard coded into them. But if you just want to
create a template for document settings, Columns and views this works fine.

Kylea White
Senior Developer

Great Southern Group of Companies
Phone:  08 9320 9780
Email: kwh...@great-southern.com.au<mailto:kwh...@great-southern.com.au>
Web:  http://www.great-southern.com.au
16 Parliament Place, West Perth, WA 6005