Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 07:57:11 +0000
From: Rob Bayly <rob.ba...@sharingminds.com.au>
Subject: RE: SP2013 WAS - Word-to-PDF missing Styles in TOC after
        conversion
To: "ozmoss@ozmoss.com" <ozmoss@ozmoss.com>

Hi All,

Got a Word Automation Services issue that's not being easy to resolve.

My client has a number of documents in various libraries in on-premise SP2013.
We're using a script to traverse the libraries and when a Word Document meets
the criteria, pass to WAS for conversion to PDF.

The Docx are converted to PDF successfully, however for a small number of these
conversions (<5%) we have a couple of "rendering" flaws in the final PDF:
1. Where the Level 3 heading style used in the document IS NOT applied in the
Table of Contents - it is however applied in the body of the document, OR 2.
Render Artefact - where part of the title in the header appears midway down the
page in the body of the PDF.

The server is a standalone host with separate database server, patched up to
March 2016 CU.

The following is part of the script code used:
        # Get the Word Automation Service Proxy
        $wasp = Get-SPServiceApplicationProxy | where { $_.TypeName -eq "Word
Automation Services Proxy" }
        #Create the Conversion job
        $conversionJob = New-Object
Microsoft.Office.Word.Server.Conversions.ConversionJob($wasp)
        # Set the credentials to use when running the conversion job.
        $conversionJob.UserToken = $web.CurrentUser.UserToken
        # Conversion Job Name
        $conversionJob.Name = "ConvertDOCXtoPDF"+$TodaysDateFormatted
        $conversionJob.Settings.OutputFormat =
[Microsoft.Office.Word.Server.Conversions.SaveFormat]::PDF
        $conversionJob.Settings.UpdateFields = $true
        $conversionJob.Settings.OutputSaveBehavior =
[Microsoft.Office.Word.Server.Conversions.SaveBehavior]::AlwaysOverwrite

I've also tried some of the additional Font options as well - no change to
output.
        $conversionJob.Settings.EmbedFonts = $true
        $conversionJob.Settings.DoNotEmbedSystemFonts = $true
        $conversionJob.Settings.SubsetEmbeddedFonts = $true

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to any ideas you may have to offer.

Best Regards

Rob Bayly
Support Consultant, Sharing Minds

End of ozmoss Digest, Vol 73, Issue 1