Nice post Jordan ;)

My thoughts personally is there is room for both and I'm on record by saying
msft should consider using sl + ie together to handle the html5 execution
silently - it drives ubiquity and upholds both sides of the isle.

Wpf has had little or next to no investments beyond what the vs2010 team needed
and some basics from variety of community sources if any. It's had zero
marketing budget and wasn't even mentioned as a developer story in win7
launches. Declaring it dead is easy, burying the corpse is the hard part ;)

Win8 team aren't taking bets on it so say what u will but either I am right or
msft tomorrow makes an official declaration of how they plan to pump some
momentum behind it. Either outcome is pushing the old with new forward for a
greater good and won't be suddenly dumped on everyones laps at a point where
it's too late to steer a different direction.

Dead doesn't mean instantly gone it can take years - look at xp. It just
signals to all "get off or else" is all :/

I am pro wpf / silverlight btw and want these to continue to grow

--
Sent from my mini iPad nano
(excuse my spilling and grammar as I have giant man like fingers and this