Earlier this year I sent out a newsletter, saying that I'd made the decision
to change the Melbourne SDDN group to be a XAML usergroup, to cover
Silverlight + Windows phone (+ WPF).
For me there was enough crossover to stop it being an exclusively
Silverlight usergroup.

My plans for the rest of the year were to have a lot more generic design
sessions, such as more examples of a design workflow, the creative process,
etc. I figured there should be more "DESIGN" focus since it is in the
usergroup's name (SDDN).
Now with build, I'll definitely having WinRT XAML sessions (in fact, that's
what this month's Melbourne talk is on).

For me, the SDDN has evolved into being a usergroup focused on cutting edge
Microsoft UI frameworks, and the design philosophies behind UI/UX. I guess
the only issue is the name.
I had kept the SDDN name only for the brand recognition.
*My suggestion?* We rebrand SDDN to XDDN. Which could mean "XAML Design &
Developer Network" or with the X meaning anything if you want to include
HTML5 (like the XMUG run by thoughtworks).
-David Burela