its not web, its win :) ...so you gotta keep things in perspective going
forward and i'd highly recommend the community in general keep a fairly
broad charter around developer/designer experience work. As i think the
market is going to freak out by it, lots of confusion and overloading of
buzzwords (designer, metro, ux, html5 on the desktop blah blah). If you gets
setup a flag point for the unwashed masses to come in and share their
knowledge under the one banner, you stand a greater chance of uniting your
armies.

If you go rogue state to state, then you're just likely to see the numbers
AS-IS and trickle in with same ol same ol content. Now would actually be a
good time to cross polynate with Adobe UG (designer <-> developer) thinking
as well...

Thats my 2c having lived on both sides of the designer / developer UG ethos
in both Microsoft/Adobe.

---
Regards,
Scott Barnes