From: ozsilverlight-boun...@ozsilverlight.com
[mailto:ozsilverlight-boun...@ozsilverlight.com] On Behalf Of Greg Keogh
Sent: Tuesday, 6 December 2011 3:19 PM
To: 'ozSilverlight'
Subject: DataGridCheckBoxColumn

So I bind some DataGrid columns and one of them is a bool which corresponds to
a DataGridCheckBoxColumn. It all displays nicely and I get excited.

Then I notice that clicking the CheckBox cell puts it in edit mode, then I
click it again to change the value.

Then I notice that the binding change doesn't fire until I press Enter or Tab
or whatever to change focus. So it takes 3 gestures to change a value in a
CheckBox column. This is unacceptable for this app.

I see many people complain about the first quirk and suggest you use a template
column or more code and tricks as a workaround, but it all looks fragile,
unreliable and I can see myself burning another few hours of unpaid time and it
all probably won't work anyway.

No one seems to mention the focus problem. In WinForms you have to trap the
cell dirty change event and commit to the data source, but there is no
equivalent I can find. Nor does the UpdateSourceTrigger have a PropertyChanged
value.

So I'm stuffed again.

Greg