Also comb through the xaml and make sure that any references you have made and
ensure there arent any lingering .. Resharper etc when u refactor can. E bit
and miss

Welcome to Silverlight / wpf development where the emphasis on bleeding in
bleeding edge isn't a pun. It's not the future of development though as now you
truly get to experience pain by adopting html5 and JavaScript or take what you
see in Silverlight and roll it back toSilverlight 2 and hail winRt :)

note when I was on the teams I did advocate that we should have spent a year or
so solely on stabilizing tooling and the clr/slr. ... Growth won in the end

Sent from my iPhone