Hey all,

There's an issue with validating Tabs that are not visible with
Silverlight. Essentially the tab is not visible, thus not in the visual
tree and so validation can't be done. It's documented if you search for it
and there are a few hacks around (one is to switch to each tab, validate
and move on.). I thought about this as an option but am not sure how to
disabled the screen from flickering while it does this. Nasty hack, so
don't like.

We currently iterate through each RadTab control recursively (nested
TabControls) and add each control to a collection, then validate each one.
If any are found we just change the colour of the tab. It seems to work for
most cases, but I've been tracking down one page that doesn't work right.

The problem with this one is there is a control on the page, which is where
all the work is being done. When the page works (if you just navigated to
it) then the page returns 2700+ controls to validate. If you click save
again, while the tab is not visible, then you only get 100. Everything
inside the control, including the control itself is no longer around. So it
seems the control is behaving the same way that TabItems behave in that if
its not visible then you can't validate it.

I guess what I'm asking, has anyone hit this before and perhaps come up
with a clever solution? (Clever solutions will be considered even if you
haven't hit it before and are just plain clever.)
Hell, I'll take dumb solutions at this point!

thanks,
Stephen