So many choices!

I went for 2 visual states (1 with a RenderTransform) and 2 behaviours
(MouseEnter and Moseleave).

xmlns:i="http://schemas.microsoft.com/expression/2010/interactivity
                <Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot" Background="White">
                                <VisualStateManager.VisualStateGroups>
                                                <VisualStateGroup
x:Name="SG_Help">
                                                                <VisualState
x:Name="VS_Expand">

<Storyboard>

                <DoubleAnimation Duration="0" To="1.2"
Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.RenderTransform).(CompositeTransform.ScaleX)"
 Storyboard.TargetName="button" />

                <DoubleAnimation Duration="0" To="1.2"
Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.RenderTransform).(CompositeTransform.ScaleY)"
 Storyboard.TargetName="button" />

</Storyboard>
                                                                </VisualState>
                                                                <VisualState
x:Name="VS_contract"/>
                                                </VisualStateGroup>
                                </VisualStateManager.VisualStateGroups>
                                <Button x:Name="button" Content="Button"
HorizontalAlignment="Right" Height="36" Margin="0,0,110,30"
VerticalAlignment="Bottom" Width="48" RenderTransformOrigin="0.5,0.5">
                                                <Button.RenderTransform>

<CompositeTransform/>
                                                </Button.RenderTransform>
                                                <i:Interaction.Triggers>
                                                                <i:EventTrigger
EventName="MouseEnter">

<ei:GoToStateAction StateName="VS_Expand"/>

</i:EventTrigger>
                                                                <i:EventTrigger
EventName="MouseLeave">

<ei:GoToStateAction StateName="VS_contract"/>

</i:EventTrigger>
                                                </i:Interaction.Triggers>
                                </Button>
                </Grid>

But if I was doing this I'd probably put all that in a ControlTemplate to get
all that junk out of my page XAML.

Shane