At 8:04 AM -0800 3/8/04, Dave Carrigan wrote:
On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 08:18:35AM +0000, Thu Zar Thein wrote:

 I couldn't emulate Network Hotsync with Palm OS
 Emulator.

Make sure network hotsync is enabled in the Setup dialog (right click the hotsync icon and choose setup).

Dave,

In the part that you chopped out, Thu said "But I couldn't find "Network" in the pop-up menu of HotSync icon in the system tray." So I don't think that he can follow your advice.

Instead, if the Network option is missing from the menu, one may need to edit the Windows Registry. The following key contains a boolean value:

//HKCU/Software/U.S. Robotics/Pilot Desktop/HotSync Manager/NetworkCapable

Change this value to 0xffffffff (-1), restart Palm Desktop (or possibly reboot), and you should have the Network menu item.

It is up licensees to determine whether or not to make that menu item available. Some choose to remove it, which is why some folk have it and some don't.

I *know* I've answered this before, but it was a long time ago, and I can't seem to find anything in either the official or my personal archives. But see <http://tinyurl.com/2ynxo> for an example of what I'm pretty sure I would have said way back then. :-)

-- Keith