Hi Mark, Erkan

I don't know if I can answer all questions myself.

But the latest version of 1.0 and 1.1 do not use memory mapping by default. So I/O is conventional.

On Mar 19, 2010, at 6:47 PM, MARK CALLAGHAN wrote:

Me too. I need to learn more about the different files used by PBXT.
What access patterns it uses for the (random, sequential), whether
they use mmap, when are they forced to disk, ...

I have lots of things to learn.