Hello, I just got a Bose SoundLink Mobile Bluetooth speaker, the first version of this speaker, with the leather type cover; a couple of questions for anyone who has this device: If you run it on battery and have the volume at about midrange, about how long could a charge last? The manual says 3 hours a maximum volume which is pretty loud. Also, I know when you close the cover the speaker turns off; does this mean one can just close the cover and not have to fool with the power button? Thanks for any info on this.

Yours truly, Peter Russillo