From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2017 11:35 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Victor Reader Stream 2nd Generation

Yeah the audio is kinda meh. You're right Dain. An IOS device and or
especially a samsung device do sound better. Ah I can hear the apple
fans now. How dare you? Did you just dare with a streight face tell me a
samsung device sounds loads better than an IPhone? Yeah I did. Kinda off
this topic but I noted the difference with my nephew Jonathan's note
phone. Now the quality thing. Could thhis be cause it's for DAISY books
for the most part? But I'm not sure about that cause Plextalk is better.
The PTP1 sounded better to me when I saw them at the NFB national
convention in 2013. I was also shocked that the PTP1 aka the Plextalk
pocket looks so much like it's a mini PTR1. But then to get back to the
topic at hand well at the time at least the streem 1 was such a
prediction of the Strattus players. How does the Streem do connected to
an external speaker though? To me the headphone pres of the strattus and
the Clasic ain't that good.They too are meh. Exeptable I suppose but meh
not hi fy.

---