Yeah. But for DTBs though now RFB&D as it use to be called has an app. Bard has an app. So just for books alone I'm not sure 1 can justify these things no more. Other than that the VRStream or what I would prefer the Plextalk Pocket are just for that alone.

On 5/3/2017 4:56 PM, Gary Schindler wrote:
Look on Amazon for the Lonve players. Best buy sells some MP3 players with radios and recorders to in this price range, but unless you have some vision to read the menus they won't do you much good. They have a small speaker and a headphone jack that also serves as an external mic and auxiliary input.

The players have repeat and shuffle and one can create folders too, not as good as the Olympus machines but it can be done if you have sight. If you don't have sight you pay handsomely for the ability to have accessibility to outmoded technology for a small niche market.

If it wasn't for playing talking books I doubt most of us would be buying the Victor Streams or Bookports at all.

-----Original Message----- From: Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2017 11:01 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Re: Victor Reader Stream 2nd Generation

What's this 40 $ MP3 and WAV recorder?

On 5/3/2017 10:56 AM, Gary Schindler wrote:
Remember that the Victor stream was mostly meant to play talking books with a few features added for convenience. actually you can get an MP3 player recorder for around $40.00 that has a better sounding speaker in it and records MP3 and wave files much better, but the caveat is that you are paying for accessible menus with the stream.

The Hims may be a better all around unit, but it costs twice as much money as the stream.

Humanware was the first to come out with a machine that played bard books even before NLS. Let's put everything in to context.

-----Original Message----- From: Chris Skarstad