Amen to that. Look at how plextalk's still selling the PTR2. Now maybe my PTR1's jaded me. Whith how it's rejected 3 cards in a row. Three in a row dam it. I don't understand how people that bought the PTR2 from 08 to today this verry day are getting buy. If anyone like this is here on list and wants to shed some light for me please let me know either here or off list. I'd really love to know how 1 justifies $995. I'm not bashing. Like you said at the start of your message I too wish they'd update the thing. Make a PTR3. Fine keep the CD writer for what ever it's worth, but lift the dam limits off the card reader. Cause even compact flash is still a thing but it's not the thing of 2006. There are 128 GB CF cards. I've seen them on Amazon. They also have some tech I can't remember the name of right now that Sound Devices also takes advantage of that makes them fast. Like dude come on. So how's the PTN2? Is the drive loads quieter then the PTN1's drive? I've seen the PTP1 it's cool. It's a mini PTR1. I still have my ptr1 and it is a shame it's rejecting CF cards left and right. I'd love to continue useing it for things here and there while it lasts. Though I'd love to get a PTR2. I had 1 for a bit. But it went south after a bit. I miiss it. It was epic. Though thhis new Cchinese player sounds cool.