Yip yip yip yip yahoo like Rush Limbaw says. I love it. Yeah I was never a big fan of MP3. But maybe the PTR1's yucky 64 KBPS MP3 jaded me.

On 5/16/2017 6:14 PM, Dane Trethowan wrote:
Yep subject line says everything, the format is dead and no new licences will be issued to continue supporting or developing the format.

MP3 has had a truly remarkable run when you think about it, almost 20 years and the format has ben at the heart of changing the way we listen to music.

Now there are more efficient formats such as AAC out there and Lossless compressed formats such as FLAC, storage space has increased and so it goes.

There will be people who use MP3 for a long time to come but those will become fewer as more people adopt other methods.

---