Got it!

Thanks Mary...

-----Original Message-----
From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of Mary
Otten
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2017 8:18 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Subject: Re: Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote

I agree with Gary. As a blind person, I see no reason to pay more. If you
have sighted people in your house of course, there are advantages as he
pointed out. Amazon prime day is coming up. I don't know what country you
are in. But if you are one that gets that primed day thing, you might wait
and see what specials they will be having, especially if you're interested
in the Fire TV. They always seem to discount their own products fairly
heavily.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 30, 2017, at 6:15 AM, Gary Schindler <garys5...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> The only advantage with the fire tv box is that it has a faster processor
and you can expand the memory with a micro SD card. No extras for blind
people!

> -----Original Message----- From: Johnny Angel
> Sent: Friday, June 30, 2017 9:30 AM
> To: 'PC Audio Discussion List'
> Subject: RE: Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote
>
> Hi again Mary,
>
> Do you know anything about the Amazon fire tv box that sells for like $90?
> I'm going to do some more research on the box, It offers more than the
> fire stick like being able to expand the memory to I think 128 gb. I
> think it is also 4K ready, whereas the fire stick is limited to 1 gb
> of memory and is only capable of 1K programming. But it is like $50
> more than the stick, and I don't know if it yields the same joy as the
stick does for a blind user.

> Anyway, if anyone on the list has an Amazon fire tv box, please chime
> in here to let me and others know if getting the fire box instead of
> the fire stick offers advantages useful for a blind individual.
>
> Thanks so much,
>
> John Chilelli

the Kindle fire stick directly into the TV.