From: Pc-audio [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org] On Behalf Of joanne
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2017 11:02 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: speaker volume problems

First problem I have with my speaker volume--sorry there are a couple
here--is when I go to youtube and I need to raise the browser's volume--be
it Firefox or Internet Explorer--so I can hear what's playing, Jaws volume
goes up as well. Today I had to raise the browser to 100 because the video
played too softly, and Jaws acted as though I wanted it raised as well and
was just booming. So I wonder if something needs to be tweaked so only the
volumes I specify will go up or down under "speakers, volume control."

The other really annoying thing is that, when playing files in Winamp, there
is an unbelievable difference in volume between files when they start. I
have used both Rock Steady and Audio Stocker for years, but neither helps
this problem. And the contrast is pretty big, not just songs with a little
volume raise or lower. I'm wondering if something is corrupt either in
Winamp or my speaker volume sets or both?

Thanks.