De: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
En nombre de Laurent Blume
Enviado el: miércoles, 28 de mayo de 2008 22:18
Para: PCA (Patch Check Advanced) Discussion
Asunto: Re: [pca] Missing packages while installing patches

Josep Román a écrit :
> I see the point. However, the patch at the end is not installed because
it's
> missing the 125077-02 patch, which is not available at Sunsolve's site.
>
> Is there any way to force the installation? Something â la RPM with the
> --no-dependencies option.

I suggest using the -r option to have that quick access to the README.
We all missed some useful information there at times, me not the least :-)

./pca -r 119757-12

At the top, there is that explanation:

Patches required with this patch: 119042-09 119254-51 121901-01
125077-02 (or greater)
     NOTE: None of the 125077 patches were released;
           they are obsoleted by 120011-09 (and greater).

So you won't get 125077, ever, and you don't need it, because the
dependency will be fulfilled by 120011-09.

As a sidenote, it would be a very bad idea to force installing a patch
without respecting the dependencies, it would be a sure way to get into
trouble.

Laurent
--
/ Leader de Projet & Communauté    | I'm working, but not speaking for
\ G11N   http://fr.opensolaris.org | Bull Services http://www.bull.com