hello,

i think you need to install FTGL.
when you do : ./configure, it should tell you :
  font-rendering         : FTGL

so you don't have to add more option.

cyrille

Romain Vuillet a écrit :
Hi,

Yes sorry for my first mail , actually the problem is that "Gem is compiled without FONT-support !"
I use pd 0.40-2 on Fedora Core 6 and the CVS version of GEM.

But, i can'tt find how to active font-support when i compile GEM.
Is there a flag for the ./configure ?

thanks

/romain

IOhannes m zmölnig a écrit :
Romain Vuillet wrote:
Hello list, i need to display some text in GEM...
Even with the GEM examples patchs, objets text3d & text outline doesn't work (nothing appears in GEM window)

Do i need some extra libraires ?

a) you need font-support compiled into Gem.
b) you need a font.

you should find information about both in the pd-konsole.
what does it say?
(it is always best to provide some information besides "it doesn't work" ;-))

mfg.adr
IOhannes