Yep - I need to update pointer's help file to mention text items in
scalars - meanwhile the magic is described in the [text] help file.  But
there's a bug report out already (don't hit the '0' message :)

I'm planning to make a way for the 'pointer' object to delete individual
scalars but can't decide yet between two possible ways of doing it :)