On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 12:12 AM, D G <mami.mu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will check [listtool] and [ptrdiff_t]

D - my apologies, "ptrdiff_t" was a C joke: it's just the type that a C
compiler would assign to the difference between two pd array variables (as
pointers).  it's neither a pd internal nor external object, and its only
meaning is in terms of memory addresses; so it's probably not what you're
looking for.  if you're talking not just about arrays of numeric values but
also symbols, you might have to turn to python or lua to compute something
like the Levenshtein distance (aka "string edit distance").  if your
argument arrays are always the same length, you can probably twiddle
together a fairly simple Pd patch to compute the Hamming distance.

marmosets,
  Bryan