No problem, it was just a case of me being blind. I got the grips on the problem with key codes, but the project stalled on unicode support (which is more or less hopeless to get right in the window console). The functions in the Win32 api that are possible to use are undocumented and possible only available in XP.

(Warning: Norwegian terminology and names follows) Funny that I should get a reply from NTNU, I completed my siv.ing. degree at IDI the summer of 2003. NVG, wasn't that the Lade equivalent of PVV? At least until everything moved to Gløshaugen?

Lars Ivar Igesund

David Kaasen wrote:
Hi!

Sorry for late reply... You have probably already figured this out?
I haven't read the source code of pdcurses, but I think these values
might be the PC codes for function keys, arrow keys and similar
non-ASCII keys. IIRC, when such a key is typed, BIOS will provide a
two-byte escape sequence representing the key, consisting of 0 (zero)
and the key value (20, 144 etc.). This convention is probably still
followed for programs run inside a console in Windows.