I think I agree with your disagreement. After my last post on the
subject, I opened the Kodak Darkroom Dataguide for BW film and noticed
that their reciprocity correction factors for the newer films like T-Max
100 and 400 are much smaller than those in the Adams chart, closer to
what you cite here for the Fuji color films. I think your final point is
an excellent one. Contemporary cameras could easily be programmed with
response curves for current films. If you load a film for which the
camera is not programmed, it could advise you that there is no
reciprocity curve for that particular film.
   I did conduct a little experiment with my LX and an analog spotmeter
to see if the LX had any built in correction for long exposures in auto
aperture mode. In my test, it appeared that it did. However, my methods
were far from scientific, and while my spotmeter was recently
calibrated, it may well be that it is not completely accurate at very
low light levels.