Things have slowed a bit here at work - woohoo - thought I would just chime
in.  Have I been missed?  Ummm, don't answer that :-P

I have not commented on any shots, just too backlogged.  Not that anyone
would notice my comments though - I am in the shadow of the bunny ears :-)

Plans for the weekend?  Anyone?

I am headed to the 12th annual World of Nations Festival in Jacksonville,
Florida
(http://www.coj.net/Departments/Neighborhoods/Special+Events/World+of+Nation
s/Default.htm) in the wee hours tomorrow morning.  Getting the VIP treatment
too.  Rental car is paid for.  Meeting with our pyrotechnics person for
lunch.  We will get to tour the fireworks barge!  He will give us access to
the festival along with the VIP tent that overlooks the festival.  The day
should culminate with a grand fireworks display.  He is putting us up in a
hotel for the evening.  Heading back here Sunday morning though...  Should
be a nice getaway.

I do not want to carry along too much stuff since I will be at the site
until 10 p.m.  The plan is to carry the *ist D and an LX (I will probably
take my original one - white cobra) as camera bodies.  Lenses will be FA*
24/2, FA Limited 31/1.8, K 50/1.2, and FA Limited 77/1.8. Film will be slide
probably 50 ISO.  The 645n will stay at home.  Since I do not have anything
wider than a 28 in my screwmount I will not be taking along any M42 gear...
Though the 85/1.9 would be tempting.

This is how I have been travelling around lately. With the intense sun
during most of my shooting I have relied on an external light meter for both
cameras.  As a matter of fact I have not had the batteries in my LX for
quite some time.  It made a difference with the shots using the *ist D
during the air show last weekend.  My latest PUG entry was also metered
externally.  It is interesting to see the looks from people as you use the
meter.

Rambling over, back to work,

César
Panama City, Florida