On 6/7/05, Markus Maurer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I saw today the Beatles anthology on video and when they went to America the
> first time,
> Paul says: We had a lot of fun taking photographs with our Pentax.
> Later you see some photos of Ringo Starr and George Harrison with cameras.
>
> Are there any more famous Pentax users than the Beatles?

You should get a hold of a copy of Hard Day's Night.  In it, Ringo
walks around with his beautiful black pre-Spotmatic around his neck
quite a bit.

There are several other celebs who are captured sporting Spotties back
in the '60's.  One that I recall was an English Royal, one of the
princesses, maybe Anne?  Anyway she had one, and she was photographed
wearing it.

Don't forget, back in the 60's, Spotmatics outsold all other brands of
35mm SLR - combined!  Hard to believe, but true.  There were lots of
'em out there.

cheers,
frank