> I don't think anybody, going off for a day's solo shooting,
> takes along anywhere near the amount of gear that is brought
> to a PDML meet (or to GFM, or to any other show-and-share
> event).

I have found the following to be the absolute minimum necessary for
any trip longer than 1 night away from home, and further than
Tunbridge Wells to the south, or Chingford to the north:

a well-furnished tent
3 months' rations
collapsible canoe
jointed flagstaff and Union Jack
hand pump and sterilising plant
astrolabe
6 suits of tropical linen
sou'wester
camp operating table and set of surgical instruments
portable humidor
Christmas hamper with Santa costume and mistletoe stand
cane for whacking snakes
coil of rope
sheet of tin
several cleft sticks

riding breeches for winter and summer
bush shirts
a sola topi
a double-brimmed sun hat
a camp bed and sleeping bag
long boots to deter mosquitoes at sundown
quinine pills to protect against malaria
slabs of black chocolate for energy
metal uniform cases
a cedarwood trunk lined with zinc to keep ants out
silk pyjamas to avoid typhus
several more cleft sticks
a stick cleaver

Bob